Step 2- BASE – 50ml
The foundation of the 2nd Skin Ceramic Coating system, BASE, is what our protection is built on. You can’t create your home on quicksand, and you can’t have the protection of 2nd Skin without BASE.
The foundation of the 2nd Skin Ceramic Coating system, BASE, is what our protection is built on. You can't create your home on quicksand, and you can't have the protection of 2nd Skin without BASE.
BASE is a hydrophobic & oleophobic coating designed to maximize the paint protection 2nd Skin provides. By forming a permanent bond with the surface that will not wash off or break down, BASE is a highly durable protective coating that protects your paintwork from the pebbles, road debris, road salt, sand, and natural elements continually attacking your car's finish. The 9H level of hardness can only be removed by abrasion. When used in combination with 2nd Skin's CLEAN & BARRIER ceramic coating products, BASE adds depth, improves shine, & surface clarity to your ride.
The 2nd Skin Ceramic Coating System helps restore brilliance & improve your paint's visual presentation, so detailing or paint correction can become a thing of the past.
- Clean surface using 2nd Skin Coating's CLEAN to remove any oil, wax, residue, etc.
- Clay bar the surface to remove brake dust, metal particulates, stubborn sap, tar, and bug remains
- Correct any scratches.
2nd Skin Coating's BASE Application
- Apply 10 drops onto the applicator.
- Wipe the surface with applicator evenly.
- Wait to set (see recommended times)
- Buff with a microfiber cloth.
Set Wait Times (dependent on temp)
- 50F (10C) - WAIT 2-3 MINUTES
- 70F (20C) - WAIT 1-2 MINUTES
- 80F+ (25C+) - WAIT 30-45 SECONDS
- Discard applicators or microfibers if coating begins to harden on them.
- Don't apply BASE in direct sunlight, extreme heat, or on any glass surface.
- Always try to apply on a cool surface.
- Only use BASE on plastic and painted surfaces.